Winter School: Democratic Governance – Integrating Theory and Practice
If you always wanted to learn more about Germany’s experiences with citizens participating in political processes and discuss challenges and solutions with colleagues from around the world, then our Winter School is just what you have been looking for!
The training discusses
- virtues and pitfalls of democratic governance
- constructive state-society relations
- direct citizen participation
- enhanced accountability
- opportunities and challenges for related project work
The Winter School offers lectures, hands-on observation, exposure visits to German institutions and authorities, joint learning and reflection Groups.
Please find more information in the Programme attached.
- GIZ programme managers and policy advisors
- Representatives of German development institutions (BMZ, KfW etc.)
and political foundations
- German and international Consultants
- Executive staff from partner institutions of the German development
cooperation, if accompanied by German bilateral development cooperation staff
The Winter School will be conducted in English. Reflection sessions may entail (if deemed necessary) French and/or Spanish translations.
The standard participation fee amounts to EUR 2,950 per participant.
GIZ corporate rate is EUR 2,500.
Participants are kindly required to cover their own accommodation costs (75€/night including breakfast) and travel expenses.
79256 Buchenbach (at the foothills of the black forest, close to Freiburg in Germany)
November 9, 2015, 12 a.m. until November 13, 2015, 12 a.m.
Please register before September 25, 2015:
+49 (0) 2224 926 – 444