Technical Advisor: Energy under the South African – German Energy Programme (SAGEN)
SAGEN is looking to fill a Technical Advisor: Energy position to support in the implementation of its Electricity Sector Policy and Regulation and Power Sector Reform related projects and activities including support to the National Treasury Cities Support Programme (NT CSP).
The successful candidate will combine technical know-how with a strong track record of project management in a fast-paced, results-orientated, partner-focussed environment. Joining the GIZ SAGEN in its Pretoria office, you will:
- Understand and analyse partner needs and objectives in the context of the South African power sector reform and conceptualise and shape the direction of the related activities.
- Support the design and implementation of SAGEN activities related to the Electricity Sector Policy and Regulation and Power Sector Reform.
- Build and maintain partnerships with key international and local stakeholders.
- Assist in maintaining the relationship and partnership between NT CSP and GIZ SAGEN including by providing technical assistance and implementation of the projects in the energy workstream under the NT CSP’s Climate and Resilience Component.
- Assist and facilitate the successful completion and project management of existing NT CSP projects, the conceptual design and implementation of new projects and a broad range of strategic support to NT CSP related to the energy sector.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter (max. 2 pages) detailing why they should be the preferred candidate and the value they will bring to the work of SAGEN. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating their nationality with the job title quoted on the email subject line for the attention of Head of Unit: Human Resource.
Internal and External Applicants: submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 18 October 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
Full job description download below.