Job Advert CSP IV - Senior Technical Advisor: Climate Action and Sustainable Finance
Germany provides a visible and impactful contribution to support the South African Government in reaching its goals to tackle the challenge of climate change. The Climate Support Programme (CSP) funded under the International Climate Initiative (IKI), a financing vehicle by the German Ministry for Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) is supporting the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, (DFFE) in developing and implementing climate change policy.
Areas of technical and financial support include the topics of adaptation to the adverse effects of climate change, mitigation of greenhouse gases, monitoring and evaluation, Climate Changes Response Support Programmes (Implementation of Climate Action) as well as Climate Policy and Governance.
The CSP IV is looking fill the position of a Senior Technical Advisor. The advertised position is oriented at the phase IV of the Climate Support Programme until 31 December 2023. The focus of the position will lie within the areas of sustainable finance, private sector engagement, project pipeline creation and sustainable/green up-scalability approaches.
- The Senior Technical Advisor is expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Strategic development as well as organisational advice to DFFE and other relevant partner institutions.
- Application of concepts for climate/green finance mobilisation. Support investment aligned to SA’s NDC and its 2050 long-term strategy.
- Identify suitable financial tools (incl. green bonds, green loans, and sustainability-linked loans and bonds) for applicability to support SA NDC project pipeline creation and implementation.
- Project management of consulting projects and other tasks required for project implementation, including research, application of financial instruments, general support, and technical contributions.
- Prepare terms of reference for consultants, manage procurement, ensure management and technical oversight of consultants appointed and quality assurance of deliverables submitted.
- Plan and arrange meetings, workshops and keep record of proceedings.
- Coordinate, align with and manage other potential partner initiatives to enhance alignment e.g. IFC, BASA, WBG, DBSA, private sector representatives.
- Support the Climate Cluster Management Team in Portfolio Development and acquisition processes.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter (max. 1 page) detailing why they should be the preferred candidate and the value they will bring to the work of CSP. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating their nationality with the job title quoted on the email subject line for the attention of Head of Unit: Human Resource.
Applicants should submit application to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 06 December 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
See full Job Description download below.