CII-IBBI Certified Training on Managing Natural Capital (Wipro, Bangalore)
Dates : 26-27 August. Venue : Wipro, Bangalore
In an increasingly natural resource-constrained world, corporations should measure, manage and mitigate their impact on the ecosystems where they operate and through their supply chains. To help build this capacity into company infrastructure, the India Business & Biodiversity Initiative (IBBI) is launching CII-IBBI Certified Training (CICT) on Managing Natural Capital.
CICT is designed to improve the understanding of managers and employees across business functions about their company’s direct and indirect impacts and dependencies on ecosystems and ecosystem services. Designed specifically for business, it incorporates IBBI methodologies and tools that have been developed with support from international experts who have 15-20 years of experience in this field.
The course includes practical understanding of interdependencies between business and biodiversity through a half day site visit. CICT is the only course that provides site visit opportunity.
- Course explores integrated approach, drivers, regulatory pressures, frameworks and most significantly the business case for stronger focus on ecosystem measurement and management
- Understanding interdependency between business, biodiversity and ecosystem services and introduction to IBBI tools for informed strategies
- Local site visit to understand the concept of managing natural capital from a practical point of view
- Net positive impact and zero loss theory
- Different methods of valuing natural capital
Who Should Participate?
- All corporates to understand how natural capital should be included in decision making to bring transparency and meet sustainability commitments
- All sustainability and environment professionals to understand the links and add new transferrable job skills
- Candidates interested in adding a new job skill
- All procurement and supply chain professionals to help to improve the value chain
On invitation by the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Government of India, the CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development (CII) is hosting India Business & Biodiversity Initiative (IBBI) with the support of German Development Cooperation through GIZ. IBBI is a front-running business league in conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity, instituted within the Global Platform for Business and Biodiversity that is hosted by the Secretariat of UN Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).