Call for Expressions of Interest - 83315383 GSP EOI Advert for CBP Model in IYLM and RMLM
The Governance Support Programme (GSP II) is a partnership programme agreed to between the Governments of South Africa and Germany. It is a technical cooperation programme co-steered at national level in a partnership be-tween the Department of Cooperative Governance (DCoG), the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA), the National Treasury (NT), the Department of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (DPME) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the latter responsible for the implementation of the development contributions on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and in delegated co-operation with the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland acting through the Department for International Development (DFID) as well as the US Government acting through USAID.
A service provider is required to undertake a review of the Inxuba Yethemba Local Municipality (IYLM) and Raymond Mhlaba Local Municipality’s (RMLM) CBP approach as an integral part of the integrated planning and budget for the municipality and make recommendations for the development of a comprehensive Community Based Planning (CBP) model in IYLM. The scope of work includes:
- Developing a methodology to undertake the research that will review the current CBP approach in Inxuba Yethemba Local Municipality and Raymond Mhlaba Local Municipality
- Assessing the municipality’s governance framework to enable CBP in the planning and budgeting process.
- Assessing the institutional arrangements that support CBP in Inxuba Yethemba Local Municipality and Raymond Mhlaba Local Municipality
- Undertaking a desktop comparative study that demonstrates best practices within local government.
- Develop ward profiles in Inxuba Yethemba Local Municipality and Raymond Mhlaba Local Municipality
- Make recommendation(s) that will assist Inxuba Yethemba Local Municipality and Raymond Mhlaba Local Municipality to improve its CBP and ensures integration of community needs into the IDP and budget.
- Develop a CBP model that will assist Inxuba Yethemba Local Municipality and Raymond Mhlaba Local Municipality to implement community needs
The information on the fact sheet should be properly syndicated and validated with the relevant persons in the municipality.
GIZ invites eligible and professional South African companies with local presence to participate in this tender. Expression of Interest forms are available for downloading until 22 February 2019 at the bottom of this page under the Downloads button.
Completed forms must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 01 March 2019.
Please quote reference 83315383 when submitting the documentation.