Call for Expression of Interest - 83316772 GSP EOI Advert for LTFP
The Governance Support Programme (GSP II) is a partnership programme agreed to between the Governments of South Africa and Germany. It is a technical cooperation programme co-steered at national level in a partnership be-tween the Department of Cooperative Governance (DCoG), the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA), the National Treasury (NT), the Department of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (DPME) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the latter responsible for the implementation of the development contributions on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and in delegated co-operation with the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and North-ern Ireland acting through the Department for International Development (DFID) as well as the US Government acting through USAID.
A service provider is required to develop Long Term Financing Plans (LTFP) for the GSP II partner municipalities.
- Thaba Chweu Local Municipality
- Ehlanzeni District Municipality
EASTERN CAPE PROVINCE
- Amatole District Municipality
- Chris Hani District Municipality
- Raymond Mhlaba Local Municipality
- Inxuba Yethemba Local Municipality
The scope of work includes:
- Developing and/or reviewing LTFPs for GSP II supported municipalities;
- Identifying bankable projects for preparation and implementation through different sources of funding, including municipality’s cash reserves, government grants, other contributions and debt funding for each of the above GSP II supported partner municipalities; and
- Consolidating the key learnings into a methodology that can be applied to support other municipalities.
The LTFP should be for a period of no less than 10 years, incorporate the three-year period covered by the Medium-Term Revenue and Expenditure Framework (MTREF) ending 30 June 2020/2021, and include a financial model for the municipality which should be specifically tailored to meet the respective environmental context.
GIZ invites eligible and professional South African companies with local presence in South Africa to participate in this tender. Expression of Interest forms are available for downloading until 21 March 2019 under the DOWNLOAD tab below this webpage.Completed forms must be submitted to email@example.com by 26 March 2019. Please quote reference 83316772 when submitting the documentation.