GIZ-project “Energy Efficiency Reforms in Ukraine – component: Vocational Training and Qualification”. The project is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development and is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in close cooperation with the Ministry for Regional Development, Building and Housing (MinRegion).
The component “Vocational Training and Qualification” wants to prevent the risk of slowing down the implementation dynamic due to a lack of skilled worked and professionals. Therefore, the component engages in developing training and further education structures for professions involved in the energy efficiency sector- from craftsmen to university studies.
The project is looking for a Project Advisor for the component Vocational Training and Qualification based in Kyiv
Area of responsibilities:
- Supports the project director in the operational planning and execution of the project, including reporting and monitoring
- Plans and coordinates technical advisory services in agreement with responsible team member
- ensures the compliance of all project partners and consultants’ partners with GIZ policies and with agreed tasks and contributions; ensures the full implementation of the agreed tasks supporting the partners (operational plans)
- shares proactively all relevant developments and information with the responsible team members and partners
- Actively works with and advises external advisors and ministries, universities and further stakeholders
- Conceptualises, organises and delivers training and capacity building activities for the project partners
- Prepares presentations for workshops etc.
- Develops technical tools and standards for the measuring and monitoring of (aggregated) results
- participates in identifying needs for external support and advice, works on policy recommendations and develops a strategic approach
- formulates Terms of Reference and selects and supervises third parties in the course of carrying out project activities, including performance evaluation and ensuring timely delivery of satisfying results
- ensures cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners; cooperates with relevant organisations and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
- formulates appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the project director and GIZ Head Office
- assists with research activities and studies on political issues which benefit joint programmes
- is responsible for accurate project planning and develops project concepts and strategies, ensures implementation together with the partners
- coordinates and prioritises relevant project activities in cooperation with partners and international institutions, both as regards to the organisational preparation and implementation of the activities
- manages and monitors the budget in consultation with the officer responsible for the contract and cooperation and relevant team members
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- masters/MSc or doctorate in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, preferably with a background in education sector
- At least 4 years professional experience in educational reform sector, ideally in international organization, preferably in the international development cooperation sector
- Ideally practical experience in working with or advising on curricula
- A plus: experience in developing educational standards/reforms
- A plus: Knowledge of professions in the energy efficiency sector
- A plus: Experience in public private partnerships in the educational sector
- Good knowledge in organising and delivering trainings and capacity development measures
- Good knowledge of and existing network in the education, formation, vocational training and professional services sector
- very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Experience in preparing presentations in a media friendly way
- a proven track record in advisory positions
- full working level command of Ukrainian, Russian, English. German knowledge should be aspired if not yet existent
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Full-time position with 40-hours working week until 06/2020 with possibility of extension.
Please send us your CV and a cover/motivation letter in German or English to HR-UA@giz.de by 19th of April.