PR & Communications Officer
We are seeking for our growing Energy Efficiency Portfolio (EE) a qualified professional to fill the position of the PR & Communications Officer.
We are looking for a full time PR & Communications Officer with a firm grasp of political realities and sensitivities to implement communications strategy for our campaigns with the aim to drive offline change. The PR & Communications Officer uses offline and online channels to dynamically communicate to EE Cluster target audiences our work, messages and achievements and works closely with PR & Communications Team Lead.
Areas of responsibility:
- Media placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Develop success stories to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Active continuous PR-support in developing materials based on the information from the project employees
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts
- Developing innovative concepts for stakeholder communications
- Establishing and maintaining contacts to press and communications departments in partner institutions
- Text editing/copywriting
- Support with the search of appropriate pictures to fit printed or digital materials upon request
- Ensure compliance of the POSM with GIZ corporate design and visual language
- Coordinating cooperation with external communication service providers (e.g. appraisers, agencies, photographers, trainers, copywriters)
- Produce print materials, i.e. brochures, booklets, factsheets
- Create video materials
- Assisting in other tasks as needed
- MA or post-graduate degree in journalism, PR and communications or in a related field e.g. Marketing, Social Sciences, Political Sciences etc.)
- At least 4 years professional experience in a comparable position or in a PR/ communications agency
- Proven track record in designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both the national and the local level
- Strong relationships with both local and national media
- Experience in liaising with stakeholders such as government officials, private sector, civil society and the press will be an advantage
- Event planning experience
- Excellent English, German is a plus
- Knowledge of the Ukrainian government's reform agenda, in particular in the field of energy (desirable)
- Team player with excellent intercultural competences
- Critical and creative thinker and strong conceptual ability
- Strong commitment to and belief in the power of using online resources to help empower communities
- Strong organizational and planning competences
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexibly and independently, often under tight deadlines
- High degree of discretion, integrity and sense of tone
Starting as soon as possible, preferably as of September 1st, 2019. Full-time position with 40-hours working week until September, 2021 with the possibility of extension.
Please send us your CV and a cover/motivation letter in German or English to HR-UA@giz.de by 26th of July.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.