We are looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of a Communications Specialist (Full time, 100%) in Kramatorsk/Severodonetsk for the project “Development of service structures and training capacities for psychosocial support in eastern Ukraine”.
The project is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ. It supports communities in the government-controlled areas of Luhansk and Donetsk Regions in improving and developing further services for psychosocial support, in particular with respect to vulnerable population groups. For that purpose, the project will coordinate and cooperate with a broad range of local/national and international partners and stakeholders.
Areas of responsibilities
- Content generation and publication of different kind (press releases, news, articles, and texts for brochures, online, social media, etc.).
- Development, planning and implementation of communications materials and media activities of the project, including financial monitoring and reporting.
- Coordination of external service providers.
- Liaison with media representatives and external partners; establishing and maintaining respective networks, media monitoring and knowledge management.
- Responding to external information requests.
- Providing his/her professional communication perspective to project development and implementation.
- Monitoring and evaluation of communications activities.
- Coordination of the project’s communications activities with other GIZ projects, within relevant GIZ cluster structures, and with the GIZ Country Office.
- Performing other tasks assigned to him/her by the management, such as report drawing, input preparation, translation work, etc.
- Working as a fully integrated team member.
- Reporting to the project director.
Required qualifications, experience and competences
- University degree in a relevant area.
- At least 5 years professional experience in a comparable position.
- Experience in international cooperation; knowledge of German development cooperation is an asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organisational competences, project management skills, and proactive way of working.
- Proven writing skills.
- Understanding of objectives of context- and conflict-sensitivity and gender-sensitivity.
- Capacity for teamwork and willingness to develop further in an international project team.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, e-mail, internet, and social media) and computer applications (MS Office).
- Ukrainian and Russian native speaker competences.
- Very good command of English language (written and spoken); knowledge of German language is an asset.
The assignment starts as of 01.09.2019.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application by e-mail comprising your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation to apply for the job, until 18.07.2019 to the following address HR-UA@giz.de