Tender: Editing, Proof reading and Layout Services for the Integrated Catchment Management (ICM) Programme
The Government of Lesotho, with support of international partners, has embarked on an ambitious national programme for Integrated Catchment Management (ICM) under the brand name ReNoka – We are a river. The European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development has commissioned GIZ to support the Government of Lesotho in the implementation of integrated catchment management. The support project aims to implement ICM in line with climate change adaptation principles that will rehabilitate degraded watersheds across the country and to put in place prevention measures that will halt the further degradation of Lesotho’s catchment areas. The sustainable management of Lesotho’s catchments are of critical importance for water, energy and food security not only in Lesotho itself but in the entire Orange-Senqu Basin and Gauteng Province, Southern Africa’s economic centre. Target areas of implementation include policy harmonization; institutional development; building human capacities, skills and knowledge, implementation of watershed rehabilitation measures; and support for data and monitoring.
Implementation of the Integrated Catchment Management programme has begun, despite limitations of on the ground work due to Covid-19. Whilst work is limited to virtual interaction, the programme continues to engage with partners in the development of communication and knowledge products that will serve to increase visibility of ICM as a project and to communicate to stakeholders nationally, regionally and internationally. ReNoka is therefore seeking to appoint an expert to copyedit all communication materials published by the programme service provider who will support the programme in editing, proofreading and layout of communication material developed on a retainer basis.
The objectives of the contract are:
- Proofreading and copy editing, editing and layouting of all programme publications (reports, studies, memoranda, factsheets and so on) before publication;
- The process for reviewing each document will consist at least of the following steps:
- Check, edit, proofread, copyedit first draft and return with comments;
- Check, copyedit and proofread final draft – including a quality check and oversight, whether all comments have been incorporated;
- If requested: Layouting of the documents according to the design guide of the programme and layout requirements for the desired publication
- Review of final layout version and correction of layout if needed (following prior approval from GIZ).
GIZ invites eligible and professional individuals with local presence in South Africa and optionally Lesotho to participate in this tender. Tender Documents are available to download until 20 January 2021. Completed forms must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 25 January 2021 at 23h00. Please quote reference 83372603 when submitting the documentation. Late submissions will not be accepted.