GIZ Proklima works with government entities in developing countries and cooperates with several bi- and multilateral implementing agencies and industry.
International policy advice
- Proklima advises the German Federal Ministries (BMZ and BMUB) within the framework of the Montreal Protocol and on issues regarding F-gases and refrigeration, air conditioning and foam within the framework of the international Climate Convention of the United Nations (UNFCCC).
- On behalf of the German government, Proklima attends international negotiations and provides input to international bodies.
- Proklima provides guidance for the development of international regulations.
- Proklima works closely together with multilateral agencies such as UNEP, UNIDO, UNDP etc.
National advice and engagement with the public sector
- Proklima advises ministries and governmental agencies on national ozone and climate strategies and sector reforms.
- Proklima provides technical input to draft national law, regulations and guidelines.
- Proklima assists institutes to set up certification schemes and national training programmes.
- Proklima helps to identify suitable funding sources and to establish national funding mechanisms.
Private sector cooperation
- Proklima initiates and establishes technology cooperations between technology providers and users with and within developing countries.
- Proklima supports the know-how transfer and capacity development of environmentally and climate-friendly cooling and foam technologies.
- Proklima works with end-users, such as supermarkets or hotels, to demonstrate and disseminate innovative and energy efficient technologies using natural refrigerants.
- Proklima supports the servicing and maintenance sector through trainings and the strengthening of vocational training centres.
- Proklima acts as a facilitator between stakeholders from the private and the public sector.
Working with the civil society
- Proklima cooperates with global and national NGOs to create awareness about the environmental, economic and social benefits of the use of natural refrigerants.
- Proklima establishes mechanisms to create awareness amongst consumers about the use of green cooling technologies and foster sustainable consumption in the cooling sectors.
- Proklima develops communication material to engage media representatives within the promotion of green cooling technologies and ozone and climate friendly foam production.
Phone: +49 6196 79-1968
Fax: +49 6196 7980-1968
SEARCHING FOR PROKLIMA PUBLICATIONS
All publications by Proklima are to be found in the GIZ publication database. If you do not know the exact title of a document, you may search for 'Proklima' in the Quick Search.