Development funds support local government and non-governmental institutions. These funds are intended to benefit as many individuals and organisations as possible, but they pass through many different hands. This calls for the utmost probity in terms of commercial standards, appropriate systems, trained staff and a transparent reporting system. As a fund manager we guarantee that all moneys are channelled quickly and efficiently to the purpose for which they were intended in compliance with all international standards and with audit-proof documentation. We have been working for many years with the major international funding or-ganisations and with internationally renowned consultants and auditors. As a federal enterprise we guarantee that resources are managed in an appropriate manner. We manage funds with clarity and transparency, help carry out local project management and take charge of monitoring and evaluation. In addition, we handle quality assurance and funding applications, ensure compliance with agreed technical standards and put in place at the local level teams and structures that will subsequently assume overall responsibility. This minimises the risk and optimises the impact of the fund – for money is a matter of trust.
- creation and management of structures and procedures in line with international commercial standards
- long-standing cooperation with international funding institutions and auditors: implementation of accounting and IT systems
- planning, provision and training of staff
- development and monitoring of criteria for project applications
- audit-proof documentation.