Private Sector Advisory Board
The GIZ Private Sector Advisory Board provides a platform for regular dialogue between the private sector and international cooperation organisations. The Board comprises representatives of businesses and industrial associations. It meets at least twice a year to identify common fields of activity and possible avenues for cooperation.
The goal is to create stronger links between the private sector and international cooperation organisations. Each year the Board awards a prize on behalf of BMZ to a company that has made a notable contribution to sustainable development.
The Private Sector Advisory Board's members
- Renate Hornung-Draus, Confederation of German Employers' Associations (Bundesvereinigung der Deutschen Arbeitgeberverbände)
- Birgit Klesper, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Herrn Dr. Stefan Kreher, Volkswagen AG
- Matthias Kühn, Carl-Duisberg-Gesellschaft e.V.
- Dr Michael Rabbow, Boehringer Ingelheim (Chair)
- Kevin Heidenreich, Association of German Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Deutscher Industrie- und Handelskammertag, DIHK)
- Jörg Thiele, German Association of Consulting Engineers - VBI (Verband Beratender Ingenieure)
- Jochen Voss, Carl-Duisberg-Gesellschaft e.V.
- Matthias Wachter, Federation of German Industries (Bundesverband der Deutschen Industrie e.V.)
- Dr Peter Weiss, Zentralverband des Deutschen Handwerks