Digital Skills Development / Digital Recruiting with South African Companies Advisor
Reports to: Component Manager
Duration: Until 31 March 2024
The Digital Skills for Jobs and Income Project (DS4JI) supports the improvement of employment prospects of young people, in particular young women, in an increasingly digitalised economy. The project is based on a combination of vocational education, skills development and employment promotion.
- the access to a qualitatively improved and demand-oriented vocational education at selected TVET-Colleges, by integrating digital skills and methods into the training courses of the formal vocational education and training system (Output 1).
- the access to demand-oriented skills development through supporting selected innovative, non-formal training measures (Output 2).
- the improvement of recruitment policies of companies by supporting HR specialists in the introduction and implementation of new, gender-sensitive approaches to identify applicants with the company's digital skills in demand (Output 3).
intensified networking and cooperation of initiatives and actors and the exchange of learning experiences in the transformative process of digitalisation of the South African economy (Output 4).
The project is partly funded by the G20 #eSkills4Girls Initative that aims at tackling the existing gender digital divide. Therefore, to a large extend the projects beneficiaries will be young women and girls with the aim to improve their access to the digital world.
On the German side the DS4JI is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The project is part of the Technical Vocational Education and Employment Cluster.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The Technical Advisor is responsible for:
- Support the Head of Component in implementation of Outputs 2 and 3 of the DS4JI project;
- Support with technical advise on tasks/deliverables particularly for Outputs 2 and 3; but also to other Outputs as required;
- Support the project team on conceptualising and the design of inclusive hiring practices (output 3);
- Support the team in managing implementation partners, including contracting processes, communications and other elements of maintaining fruitful partnerships;
- Contribute to the achievement of the set Outputs indicators;
- Contribute to the projects results-based monitoring and reporting processes.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter stating why they should be the preferred candidate and the value they will bring to the project. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating their nationality with job title quoted on the email subject line for the attention of Head of Human Resources.
Internal Applicants must submit their applications to: email@example.com
External Applicants can apply here.
Closing date for applications: 01 July 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!