Call for Expression of Interest 83413795
Research on the topic "Sextortion" as a means of gender-specific corruption in the context of South Africa
The Transparency, Integrity and Accountability Programme (TIP) supports state and non-state actors to contribute towards the implementation of the National Anti-corruption Strategy (NACS) in a whole-of-government and societal manner. The TIP provides capacity development for anti-corruption actors in the state, civil society and the business sector.
The project supports:
- Active citizenry where citizens can contribute actively to activities and initiatives in favour transparency, integrity and accountability;
- The strengthening of institutional capacity of collaborative mechanisms, particularly the National Anti-corruption Advisory Council to coordinate the implementation of the NACS; and
- Multi-stakeholder partnerships to improve transparency, integrity and accountability meet the requirements of the human rights-based approach, including gender equality.
The TIP seeks to appoint a suitably qualified service provider to conduct quantitative and qualitative research related to the interface of human rights, gender and corruption. Thus, employing adequate approaches to gain scientific insights and providing verifiable data on the nature and occurrence of sextortion (including cyber extortion as well as the impact on vulnerable groups like LGBT communities) in the private, governmental and civil society sectors as a manifestation of corruption in the province of Gauteng in South Africa.
The assignment is to achieve, at minimum, the following outcomes:
- Produce a comprehensive research report on the subject, logically divided into different parts, including documentation of sources and methodology.
- Host a hybrid colloquium (at a venue in Gauteng and virtual) to present and discuss research findings with stakeholders of the project.
- Prepare an executive summary of the research in a reader-friendly language usable for public distribution.
Submit documents to: ZA_Quotation@giz.de
Quote Ref in Email Subject Line: 83413795
Due date: 22 July 2022
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Download specifications below.