Programme Component Manager
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Until 31 May 2025
The Career Path Development for Employment (CPD4E) project aims to improve the employment prospects of young people in South Africa in a sustainable, increasingly decarbonised economy (Just Transition). The project will apply an integrated employment promotion approach to support young people to gain access to employment and income generation opportunities in low-carbon footprint economic sectors.
On the German side the CPD4E is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) co-financed by the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO). The project is part of the TVET, Skills Development and Employment Cluster.
As the project is in its first implementation phase and has only commenced in June 2022, the CPD4E team requires the expertise of a dynamic, independent working team player who enjoys designing and co-creating new interventions, who is interested in forming sustainable project and partner structures, and who at the same time has experience in setting up contracts and tenders and engages in administrative tasks.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Programme Component Manager:
- Responsible for the results and the performance of staff within outputs 1, 3 and 4 of the project and for managing all staff who report to him / her (management responsibility for staff in salary bands 1-4). The team will consist of up to 7 persons.
- Manages staff in accordance with management principles and guidelines to promote a sense of corporate identity, enables employees to carry out tasks independently and create scope for creativity and innovation
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting, grading, planning the assignment of the professional development of staff members who report to him / her.
- also responsible for monitoring, managing staff and ensuring that they provide cost-effective services.
- Carries out the annual staff assessment and development talk for staff members who report to him / her.
- Responsible for steering and management of the performance of contractors and external consultants / consulting firms contributing to the achievement of the target indicators of the outputs.
- Develops, communicates and administers team performance and develops plans and appraisals.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter (concisely 1 page) detailing stating why they should be the preferred candidate. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating their nationality to email@example.com with the subject line “Programme Component Manager” for the attention of Head of Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: 29 July 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed!
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!