Call for Proposals 83415685
Development of training material of financial excellence for the miller business school of the rice sector
The Market-Oriented Value Chains for Jobs and Growth in the ECOWAS Region (MOVE) project is commissioned by the Bundesministerium für wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbeit und Entwicklung (BMZ) and co-financed by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). The project is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. The overall objective of MOVE is to build market-oriented and resilient value chains (rice and cashew) that contribute to the creation of income and employment in the ECOWAS region. Specifically, the goals of MOVE are:
- Increasing the value creation of processing in the ECOWAS region
- Improving the economics/environmental sustainability of agricultural systems
- Improving the marketing of regional products
- Disseminating good practices in promoting inclusive business models
- Strengthening public-private cooperation in policy making
MOVE is implemented in Nigeria, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone, Côte d'Ivoire, and Senegal, and represents the merger of two previously well-established regional projects: The Competitive Cashew Initiative (ComCashew) and the Competitive African Rice Initiative (CARI). Both respective brands (CARI and ComCashew) are kept under the umbrella of the MOVE project.
MOVE works in the rice value chain and uses rice mills as the main entry point. This assignment is specific to the rice value chain (CARI). Rice is the fastest growing food source in Africa. Demand for rice has been growing faster than anywhere else in the world in recent years and is far outstripping the sub-region’s population growth. In West Africa, local production covers only 60% of current demand and yield growth rates lag far behind population growth rates.
As integral part of MOVE’s activities to promote rice production and processing within the ECOWAS region, the contractor is responsible for providing a training manual about financial excellence as part of the rice miller business milling school. The contractor shall develop content and materials for capacity development courses for management and staff of rice mills and other rice value chain players to attend.
GIZ invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in South Africa, to participate in this tender. Tender documents are available for downloading below.
Your proposal must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 12 August 2022.
Please quote reference 83415685 when submitting the documentation.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- 83415685 TOR MOVE Capacity Building material (pdf, 0,23 MB)
- 83415685 Techncial assessment grid (pdf, 0,19 MB)
- 83415685 Invitation to tender (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83415685 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83415685 Compulsory Tender Form (doc, 0,25 MB)
- 83415685 Budget template (xlsx, 0,03 MB)
- 83415685 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,08 MB)