Temporary Financial Specialist (6 months)
Reports to: Head of Finance
Deputy: Other Financial Specialists
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state-owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
Against this background the GIZ South Africa, Lesotho and eSwatini Country Office in Pretoria is looking for a Temporary Financial Specialist.
The Financial Specialist is responsible for:
- Ensuring that financial administration functions well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures
- Effectively coordinating with the staff of the finance team or the Commercial Affairs Department at GIZ Head Office
- Performing tasks independently in compliance with GIZ’s Processes and Rules (P+R)
- Financial planning, monitoring and accounting for GIZ-assisted projects
- Giving advice to the projects, business partner and counterparts
- Contributing to the development and implementation of department processes.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter (max. 1 page) stating why they should be the preferred candidate. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating nationality to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject line “Application for Temporary Financial Specialist” for the attention of Head of Human Resource.
Closing date for applications: 31 August 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
Full job description below.