Call for Proposals 83418004
Support to Local Government with integration of Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED) principles into policies and processes
The Inclusive Violence and Crime Prevention Programme (VCP III) is a joint South African-German technical cooperation project, with co-funding from the Canadian government, that seeks to contribute to the national development priority of creating a safer South Africa. Its preventative approach is to address the root causes of violence and crime through promoting integrated, holistic, and developmental approaches. VCP is implemented nationally, through government partners in the national, provincial, and local spheres, as well as in cooperation with a variety of civil society actors. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is responsible for the implementation of the programme on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
The VCP programme is inviting proposals from suitably experienced and qualified organisations (companies, knowledge institutions and community based foundations – stated funded or not) to support:
- the capacitation of select municipal practitioners with the tangible application of crime prevention through environmental design (CPTED) principles into city wide planning and development,
- review of City of Umhlatuze policies, plans and strategies for the integration of CPTED principles into municipal wide planning
- development of an adaptable guidebook/manual for step-by-step integration and operationalisation of CPTED guidelines to enhance community safety.
GIZ invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in South Africa, to participate in this tender. Tender documents are available for downloading below.
Your proposal must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 12 September 2022.
Please quote reference 83418004 when submitting the documentation for us not to miss your submission.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- 83418004 Tender Form (doc, 0,25 MB)
- 83418004 VCP CPTED_Technical Assesment Grid (pdf, 0,21 MB)
- 83418004 ToR_Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (pdf, 0,18 MB)
- 83418004 Invitation to tender (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83418004 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83418004 Budget Allocation Sheet for Contracts (xls, 0,05 MB)
- 83418004 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,09 MB)