Call for Proposals 83422119
Appointment of a Service Provider to Green Hydrogen Finance and Accelerator
In the context of a rapidly decreasing global carbon budget and urgency to identify adequate solutions for decarbonizing the so-called heavy-to-abate sectors, the demand for green hydrogen (H2) and green hydrogen-based products (PtX), such as ammonia and synthetic jet fuels, is steadily increasing. Due to its wind and solar energy potential, its platinum reserves, and SASOL’s experience with Fischer-Tropsch technology, South Africa is uniquely positioned to succeed in this growing market.
Given this potential, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH recently launched the project “Promoting a Green Hydrogen Economy in South Africa” (H2.SA). Funded by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), H2.SA focuses on supporting South African stakeholders from the public and private sector as well as civil society in setting up favourable regulatory, institutional and technical framework conditions for a green hydrogen economy.
The objective of this work package is two fold; the service provider shall:
- Analyse the green hydrogen finance landscape, and
- Develop a concept for a green hydrogen accelerator. The finance landscape shall assess the availability of international and South African (early stage) funding for green hydrogen projects in South Africa. Building on this analysis, the service provider shall develop a concept for a green hydrogen accelerator to improve access to early stage / feasibility funding for green hydrogen projects. The concept shall be developed in close cooperation with GIZ and a variety of public and private financing institutions ranging from globally acting development banks to small, specialised equity investors.
The Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in South Africa to participate in this tender.
Tender documents are available for downloading below.
Your proposal must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 24 October 2022.
Please quote reference 83422119 when submitting the documentation for us not to miss your submission.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- 83422119 TOR Finance Landscape and Accelerator (pdf, 0,28 MB)
- 83422119 Tender Form (doc, 0,25 MB)
- 83422119 Invitation to tender (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83422119 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83422119 Finance Landscape and Accelerator - Budget Allocation (xls, 0,03 MB)
- 83422119 Finance Landscape and Accelerator - Assessment Grid (pdf, 0,21 MB)
- 83422119 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,08 MB)