Call for Proposals 83450710
Digital Skills for Jobs and Income project (DS4JI)
The GIZ’s Digital Skills for Jobs and Income (DS4JI) project aims to increase the employment prospects of young people, especially women, in an increasingly digitalized South African economy. The project supports the improvement of employability of young people through a comprehensive approach that supports public and private training providers and industry initiatives in training design and delivery as well as SMME’s to improve hiring practices and stakeholder engagement. The project is supported by the Department of Communications and Digital Technologies (DCDT).
DS4JI aims to address digital divide and promote equal opportunities for youth with disabilities through various interventions that provide technical, soft skills, work readiness and mentorship opportunities. This encompasses inclusion of young women, and youth with disabilities, in line with the Leave No One Behind principle. To fulfil this objective, the project seeks to develop a toolkit that will assist organisations realise the inclusive training journey, from design, implementation, throughput and realising pathways into employment for youth with disabilities. The toolkit will draw from best practices and learnings from GIZ’s interventions in Kenya, Ghana, and South Africa, providing practical guidance, case studies and inclusive resources.
The toolkit’s aim extends to align to with South Africa’s National Digital and Future Skills Strategy (2021-2025) of the Department of Communications & Digital Technologies (DCDT). The scope of work includes reviewing existing digital skills programs for youth with disabilities, engaging with strategic stakeholders and offering policy recommendations aligned with the national strategy. Companies with a history and a proven track record in Disability inclusion strategy development and implementation for workplace-based training, are encouraged to apply for designing and developing the inclusive digital skills training toolkit.
GIZ invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in South Africa to participate in this tender.
Tender documents are available for downloading below.
Your proposal must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 27 October 2023. Please quote reference 83450710 when submitting the documentation. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- 83450710 Extension (pdf, 0,32 MB)
- 83450710 Number of days and experts (pdf, 0,24 MB)
- 83450710 ToR Skills toolkit (pdf, 0,70 MB)
- 83450710 Tender information form (doc, 0,24 MB)
- 83450710 Tender Advert Skills toolkit (docx, 0,25 MB)
- 83450710 Inclusive Digitla Skills Toolkit Technical Assessment Grid (pdf, 0,34 MB)
- 83450710 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 - Legal (pdf, 0,18 MB)
- 83450710 DS4JI EUR Inclusive Digital Skills Toolkit (xlsx, 0,05 MB)
- 83450710 Budget Allocation ZAR (xlsx, 0,02 MB)
- 83450710 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,28 MB)
- 83450710 Invitation to tender (pdf, 0,25 MB)