Finance Officer - Good Financial Governance in Africa (GFG) Programme
Reports to: Programme Manager
Duration: Until 31 January 2025
Salary Band 4A
The Good Financial Governance in Africa (GFG) Programme promotes transparency and accountability in public financial management and is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Its objective is to foster Good Financial Governance in Africa, more specifically that ‘change agents’ in the areas of taxation, budgets, financial control, and legislative financial and budgetary supervision are empowered to support systemic changes in African countries.
The GFG Programme is a regional program with its reach across the African continent and it promotes an efficient management system of public finances is considered a public good and benefits the African population.
The backbone of the programme is the partnership with networks of African government officials in the areas of taxation, budgeting and fiscal oversight to support their aim to strengthen public financial management capacities across Africa: the African Tax Administration Forum (ATAF), the Collaborative Africa Budget Reform Initiative (CABRI), the African Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions (AFROSAI) and the African Organisation of Public Account Committees (AFROPAC). The Program also supports the African Union Commission (AUC - ETTIM) under the Multi-Donor Action (MDA) on Fighting Illicit Financial Flows (IFF) in Africa that is Co-funded by BMZ, EU and Finland (MFAF). The programme supports these partner organisations in offering knowledge, training and exchange opportunities to their members to develop and implement joint standards and improve financial governance.
The Finance Officer is part of the Administrative Team of the Programme and is among other duties, responsible for:
- Providing support to the Financial Specialist;
- Managing logistics for partner events initiated by the GFG programme. and providing support to HR & team Organisational Officer.
The GFG Programme is looking for a Finance Officer to perform the following:
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (See full job description download below)
- Logistics and implementation of external activities and events
- Ensures that information regarding programme activities is exchanged between project/programme staff, partners and other institutions
- Maintains regular contact and well-functioning information sharing with communication and logistics counterparts at partner and other GIZ offices
- Accompanies the project/programme manager or other team members to meetings if necessary
- Is responsible for planning and organising administrative and logistical aspects of programme activities, especially the implementation of project activities with partners (external seminars, meetings, workshops etc.)
- Regularly updates the team on activities and deadlines regarding training activities / events
- Is responsible for recording and documenting of implemented activities
- Coordinates with the technical advisors and GIZ office on the mode of service delivery (i.e. contract management with consultants, workshops, seminars)
- Maintains cooperation and working relations with partner counterparts for logistics / administration
- Cooperates with relevant service providers (hotel and conference venues, travel agents, embassies for visa facilitation, facilitators, trainers, printers, editors etc.).
GIZ will only assess applications which meet the following criteria:
- Suitable candidates should apply by submitting:
- A motivation letter (max. 1 page) stating why they should be the preferred candidate and the value added they will bring to the project.
- A detailed CV
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID).
Applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Application for Finance Officer” for the attention of Head of Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: 02 November 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!