This project fosters private sector engagement in development cooperation by advising on suitable solutions, crafting innovative formats and piloting projects in various thematic areas and regions.
Project operations embrace a variety of tasks and approaches, including:
- Advising BMZ on the rollout, strategic orientation and further development of cooperation with the private sector.
- Developing and piloting innovative approaches jointly with other stakeholders and donors. The match-making platform leverist.de, for example, offers business and networking opportunities in developing countries and emerging economies.
- Bringing together entrepreneurs from Europe and from countries of implementation in the lab of tomorrow to co-develop user-oriented products and services.
- Networking via the Strategic Partnership Technology in Africa (SPTA). The SPTA links up German Development Cooperation with over 220 European companies. Its aim is to develop public-private cooperation projects in Africa in the fields of education, energy, health, GreenTech, agriculture and mobility. The SPTA working groups serve to foster exchanges on trends, project approaches and experience.
- Leveraging the Business Alliance on Green Hydrogen to mobilise technologies and skills for projects dedicated to green hydrogen and power-to-X (PtX) in countries of implementation.
- Engaging in dialogue and joint projects with the tourism sector, with a view to rolling out and scaling up tourism-driven approaches for sustainable development.
Last update: December 2022