Board of Trustees
As laid out in Article 24 of the Articles of Association, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) has a Board of Trustees. It advises the company on all issues of substantial importance for its development. The Board of Trustees also maintains an exchange of information and opinions on matters related to the purpose of the company and fosters the relations between GIZ, the German states, civil society, the private sector and other institutions working in similar fields.
The GIZ Board of Trustees meets once a year.
The Board has up to 40 members, who are appointed by the Shareholder for a five-year term. Members act in an honorary capacity.
The Board of Trustees is composed as follows:
- Seven members of the Federal States
- Six members of the parliamentary groups in the German Bundestag
- Ten members of the Federal ministries
- Two members of the Academic Community
- Four members of the Civil society
- Two members of the development workers
- One member of the trade unions
- Six members of the private sector
- Two members of the municipalities
- Nicole Ewert - Lower Saxony State Chancellery
- Andreas Höfflin - Ministry of Economy, Science and Digitalisation of Saxony-Anhalt
- State Secretary Dr. Philipp Nimmermann - Hessian Ministry of Economics, Energy, Transport and Housing
- Raphaele Polak - Saxon State Ministery for Energy, Climate Protection, Environment and Agriculture
- N.N. - Berlin Senate Administration for Economic Affairs, Energy and Companies
- Karin Scheiffele - State Ministry of Baden-Württemberg
- Ludger Siemes - State Chancellery of North Rhine-Westphalia
Parliamentary groups in the German Bundestag
- Matern von Marschall (Chair) - Member of the CDU/CSU parliamentary group in the German Bundestag (Christian Democratic Party) a.D.
- Dietmar Friedhoff - Member of the AfD parliamentary group in the German Bundestag (Alternative for Germany)
- Alexander Graf Lambsdorff - Member of the FDP parliamentary group in the German Bundestag (Free Democratic Party)
- Claudia Roth - Member of the Bündnis 90/Die Grünen parliamentary group in the German Bundestag (Alliance 90/The Green Party) and State Minister, Vice President of the Bundestag a.D.
- Eva-Maria Schreiber - Member of the DIE LINKE parliamentary group in the German Bundestag (The Left) a.D.
- Dagmar Ziegler - Member of the SPD parliamentary group in the German Bundestag (Social Democratic Party) a.D.
- Cornelia Berns - Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL)
- N.N. - Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- Dr. Ines Geßner - Federal Foreign Office (AA)
- N.N. - Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMU)
- Dr. Ariane Hildebrandt - Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- Mark Kamperhoff - Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (BMFSFJ)
- Dr. Kai-Andreas Otto - Federal Ministry of the Interior and for Homeland (BMI)
- N.N. - Federal Ministry of Defence (BMVg)
- N.N. - Federal Ministry of Justice (BMJ)
- Dr. Brigitte Schwadorf-Ruckdeschel - Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Protection (BMWK)
- Dr. Susanne Dröge (First Deputy Chair) - German Institute for International and Security Affairs (SWP)
- N.N. - German Development Institute (DIE)
- Dr. Bernd Bornhorst - Association of German Development and Humanitarian Aid NGOs (VENRO)
- Jürgen Deile - Evangelical Work for Diaconia and Development e.V.
- Dr. Kambiz Ghawami - World University Service
- Heike Spielmans - Association of German Development and Humanitarian Aid NGOs (VENRO)
- Dr. Elke Ahrens - Agentur Ahrens
- Dr. Claudia Lücking-Michel - Association of Development Services (Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Entwicklungsdienste e.V.)
- Andreas Botsch - German Confederation of Trade Unions (DGB)
- Dr. Jürgen Ratzinger (Second Deputy Chair) - Economic District Hessen / Rhineland-Palatinate, Carl Duisberg Society (CDG)
- Cuno Güttler - Rhine Savings Banks Association
- Dr. Georg Haber - Chamber of Crafts of Lower Bavaria and Upper Palatinate
- State Secretary a.D. Ulla Ihnen, MdB - Carl Duisberg Society (CDG)
- Dr. Monika Lessl - Bayer AG
- Dr. Ilja Nothnagel - German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (DIHK)
- Lina Furch - Association of German Cities
- Janina Salden - German Association of Towns and Municipalities (DStGB)