Call for Proposals 83417068
Contract for Rural Educators and NEET Programme for Digital Skills for Jobs and Income (DS4JI)
The GIZ’s Digital Skills for Jobs and Income (DS4JI) aims to increase the employment prospects of young people, especially women, in an increasingly digitalized South African economy. The project supports the improvement of employability of young people through a comprehensive approach that supports public and private training providers and industry initiatives in training design and delivery as well as SME’s to improve hiring practices and stakeholder engagement. The project is supported by DS4JI’s political partner Department of Communications and Digital Technologies (DCDT).
DS4JI aims to improve the employability of young South Africans living in rural areas, especially young women, in an increasingly digitalized South African economy by delivering basic and intermediate digital literacy training for 400 youth that are Not in Employment, Education and Training (NEET) and 140 educators, as well as didactical capacities for e-teaching for educators.
DS4JI seeks the services of a highly skilled and competent service provider with extensive knowledge and understanding of the Digital Skills Development Sector and experience in the development and implementation of training youth and trainers in the public and/or private sector, especially in rural areas in South Africa.
Companies with a history and a proven track record are encouraged to apply to provide basic and intermediate digital literacy training to enhance the digital proficiency youth and educators in rural areas by offering the following services:
- Development and/or implementation of a training programme to provide at least 140 unemployed rural educators with basic and intermediate digital literacy training and basic training for e-teaching and didactical competencies (including SACE accredited assessment and certification)
- Providing Basic and Intermediate Digital Literacy Training for at least 540 Unemployed Educators and NEET youth in rural areas across South Africa. Digital Training (including assessment and certification) in this area should include (but is not limited to) the following modules and learning outcomes:
- Computing/computer/laptop hardware
- Word processing / Presentations / Spreadsheets
- IT and data security
- Email and Navigating the Internet
- Digital Technologies
- Productivity Management
- Social Media in the Workplace
- Promotion of women empowerment in content delivery and digital inclusion
- Impacts of digital technology on health and the environment.
GIZ invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in South Africa to participate in this tender.
Download specifications below
Submit documents to: ZA_Quotation@giz.de
Quote Ref in Email Subject Line: 83417068
Due date: 03 October 2022
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- 83417068 Tender Form (doc, 0,25 MB)
- 83417068 Technical Assessment Grid (pdf, 0,20 MB)
- 83417068 Invitation to Tender (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83417068 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83417068 Eligibility Assessment Grid (pdf, 0,06 MB)
- 83417068 DS4JI Rural Educators and NEET Programme - TOR (pdf, 0,24 MB)
- 83417068 Budget Template (xls, 0,05 MB)
- 83417068 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,09 MB)