Senior Technical Advisor: (SAVax) - Support to SA Covid-19 Vaccine Local Production
Reports to: Head of Component “Production”
Duration from 30 September 2024 to 31 December 2024
AREA OF WORK
South Africa, as part of a pan-African strategy plans to strengthen local production of vaccines in the short and medium term in line with the African Union's new Partnership for African Local Vaccine Manufacturing. Supporting the vaccine production ecosystem will make part of the new GIZ project in South Africa.
For the immediate operational and strategic support of the South African local production, the project is recruiting an experienced advisor with a strong pharmaceutical background and a solid network within the South African pharmaceutical sector. The project will collaborate with universities, companies along the value chain of vaccine manufacturing and the regulation authority (SAHPRA) to strengthen the local capacities for the development and production of new vaccines, including mRNA technology.
The Senior Technical Advisor is responsible for:
- Ensure stakeholder engagement and an effective collaboration with the Department of Science and Innovation and the Medical Research Council, SAHPRA as well as other partners on vaccine production
- Under the leadership of the component leader, ensure delivery and quality of the project activities already from the planning to the implementation such as grants to universities or consultancy services
- Provide technical advice on the regional dimension of the project activities including alignment with the African Medical Agency and demand generation for South African vaccines
- Plan, implement and coordinate activities with other GIZ projects and diverse institutions including KfW and actively identify interfaces and synergies.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation system of the project.
- Editing of content for public relations in coordination with the communication department of the Department of Science and Innovation and possible grantees.
- Support in the preparation and presentation of technical papers for internal and external information events.
B. APPLICATION PROCESS
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter stating why they should be the preferred candidate and the value added they will bring to the work of SAVax. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating their nationality with the job title quoted on the email subject line for the attention of Head of Unit: Human Resource.
- Internal Applicants submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- If you are an External Applicant (not employed by GIZ currently) should apply here.
Closing date for applications: 30 April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
Full job description download below.