Infrastructure Project Preparation Senior Technical Advisor
Reports to: Head of Component
Duration: Until 31 October 2024
Support to Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA II) is searching for an experienced Infrastructure Project Preparation Technical Advisor.
Serves as Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH Technical Advisor on Infrastructure Project Preparation in the Transport (road, rail, waterway), Energy (hydro, transmission), ICT and Water sector. Predominantly our partners work on transport.
- Provide due diligence and formulate technical SDM Notification Reports, SDM Project Concept Memorandum (PCM) and SDM Project Information Memorandum (PIM) for selected projects outlining, amongst others, the financial, economic, social and ecological viability.
- Review and comment technical project documentation in line with infrastructure sustainability, in particular climate adaptation/mitigation, and financing standards to advise the SDM with technical viable project pipeline management.
- Build a partnerships with public/private funding institutions to formulate and actualize project specific opportunities to mobilize public/private investment opportunities to advance project preparation and/or project structuring phases.
- Collaborate closely with AUDA-NEPAD SDM Staff to plan, prepare, facilitate and follow up on SDM Client meetings with CCTTFA and CCTTFA Member States.
- Plan and prepare GIZ tender documentation (ToR, Budget and other in line with GIZ Procurement Processes) and manage consultancies in close consultation and coordination with AUDA-NEPAD.
- Support GIZ project management activities (e.g., M&E, reporting, work planning, procurement, logistics, communications, etc.).
- Develop and manage effective relationships with AUDA-NEPAD and other stakeholders (especially project owners, corridor institutions and funders).
- Plan, prepare and implement related events/workshops.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter (max. 1 page) detailing why they should be the preferred candidate and the value they will bring to the work of GIZ. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating their nationality with the job title quoted on the email subject line for the attention of Head of Unit: Human Resource..
Closing date for Application: 13 May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed!
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
See job description download below.