Reports to: Head of Component
Duration: Until 31 October 2024
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) support Project “Green Infrastructure Corridors for intra-African Trade” supports the African Union Commission (AUC) and the African Union Development Agency-NEPAD (AUDA-NEPAD) on the following three components:
- Development of a Continental Green Infrastructure Policy for trade relevant Corridors
- Advisory of Climate Resilient & Low Carbon Infrastructure in the Central Corridor
- Launch of a Call for Digital Solutions for Micro, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (MSMEs) in the Infrastructure & Trade space.
GIZ and AUDA-NEPAD collaborate with the Central Corridor Transit Transport Facilitation Agency (CCTTFA) to implement component two in the five Member States of the Central Corridor. The other two components are implemented with the AUC and AUDA-NEPAD on a continental level.
GIZ coordinates communication activities with all three partner institutions, i.e., AUC, AUDA-NEPAD and CCTTFA. GIZ is now searching for an experienced Communications Advisor to lead the project communication
- Propose, develop, coordinate, and manage creative communication activities to reach GIZ internal and external target audience via various marketing tools and channels.
- Advise GIZ Technical Advisors and the African Union on communication activities and products that support the marketing and outreach of the GIZ Project operations and its wider cooperation with the African Union.
- Propose pro-actively and implement innovative communication products and marketing activities that communicate the work, results, and impact of the GIZ Project various stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Partner communication focal points and coordinate the joint development of communication activities and products.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter (max. 2 pages) detailing why they should be the preferred candidate and the value they will bring to the work of PIDA. This should be accompanied by two (2) writing samples and four (4) digital design samples and a detailed CV indicating their nationality to: email@example.com for the attention of Head of Unit: Human Resource with the Subject Line: “Communications Advisor”
Closing date for applications: 25 May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply