Public Financial Management Technical Advisor
Reports to: Programme Manager
Duration: Until 31 January 2025
The Good Financial Governance in Africa (GFG) Programme promotes transparency and accountability in public financial management and is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Its objective is to foster Good Financial Governance in Africa, more specifically that ‘change agents’ in the areas of taxation, budgets, financial control, and legislative financial and budgetary supervision are empowered to support systemic changes in African countries.
The GFG in Africa Programme is a regional programme with its reach across the African continent and promotes efficient management of public finances that is considered a public good and benefits the African population.
The backbone of the programme is the partnership with networks of African government officials in the areas of taxation, budgeting and fiscal oversight to support their aim to strengthen public financial management capacities across Africa: the African Tax Administration Forum (ATAF), the Collaborative Africa Budget Reform Initiative (CABRI), the African Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions (AFROSAI) and the African Organisation of Public Account Committees (AFROPAC). The Program also supports the African Union Commission (AUC - ETIM) under the Project, Joint Action on Fighting Illicit Financial Flows (IFF) in Africa Co-funded by BMZ, EU and Finland (MFAF).The programme supports these partner organisations in offering knowledge, training and exchange opportunities to their members to develop and implement joint standards and improve financial governance.
The GFG in Africa Programme is looking for a Technical Advisor to perform the following:
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualising, planning and implementing the PFM reform and Illicit Financial Flows components.
- Manage the cooperation with partner organisations such as Collaborative African Budget Reform Initiative (CABRI), East and South African Accountants General (ESAAG) / African Association of Accountants General (AAAG), and the South African National Treasury.
- Steer the cooperation with the IMF African Regional Technical Assistance Centres (AFRITACs).
- Act as PFM focal point for related activities of the project on fighting Illicit Financial Flows.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of the joint Country Risk Profile project across the continent.
- Support, on demand, bilateral projects with PFM expertise through review of studies, on the ground advisory or evaluation missions in diverse topics including fiscal decentralisation.
- Contribute to the project's monitoring system for financial and content reporting to the commissioning parties.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter stating why they should be the preferred candidate. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating nationality to: email@example.com, with the subject line: “GFG in Africa - Technical Advisor” for the attention of Head of Unit: Human Resource.
Closing date for applications: 20 May 2022
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed!
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
Full job description download below.