Reports to: Energy Cluster Coordinator / Senior Finance Manager
Duration: Until 31 December 2024
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state-owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
The South African-German Energy Programme (SAGEN) collaborates with South African partners to manage this energy transition with a focus on renewable energy and energy efficiency. SAGEN is funded by the German government and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in cooperation with the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE), Eskom and the South African Local Government Association (SALGA) under the government-to-government coordination of National Treasury (NT).
The Driver is responsible for:
- Safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles.
- Ensuring the roadworthiness of vehicles through maintenance, servicing, cleanliness, and safety of the official vehicles.
- Taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes, and locations when transporting goods or passengers
- Running official and energy cluster errands
- Undertaking administrative tasks related to the role, including the documentation of motor vehicle related transportation, driving and fleet management related matters
- Assisting administrative staff with office furniture movements and upkeep of storerooms.
- Assisting administrate staff with ensuring workshop material is always available for use.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter stating why they should be the preferred candidate. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating nationality to: email@example.com, with the subject line Driver/Administrative Assistant for the attention of Head of Unit: Human Resource.
Closing date for applications 25 May 2022
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed!
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
Full job description download below.