Junior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Reports to: Component Manager
Duration: Until 31 March 2024
The Digital Skills for Jobs and Income Project (DS4JI) supports the improvement of employment prospects of young people, in particular young women, in an increasingly digitalised economy. The project is based on a combination of vocational education, skills development and employment promotion. It supports:
- the access to a qualitatively improved and demand-oriented vocational education at selected TVET-Colleges, by integrating digital skills and methods into the training courses of the formal vocational education and training system (Output 1).
- the access to demand-oriented skills development through supporting selected innovative, non-formal training measures (Output 2).
- the improvement of recruitment policies of companies by supporting HR specialists in the introduction and implementation of new, gender-sensitive approaches to identify applicants with the company's digital skills in demand (Output 3).
- intensified networking and cooperation of initiatives and actors and the exchange of learning experiences in the transformative process of digitalisation of the South African economy (Output 4).
The project is partly funded by the G20 #eSkills4Girls Initiative that aims at tackling the existing gender digital divide. Therefore, to a large extend the projects beneficiaries will be young women and girls with the aim to improve their access to the digital world.
On the German side the DS4JI is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The project is part of the Technical Vocational Education and Employment Cluster.
The DS4JI team requires the expertise of a dynamic, independent working team player who is able to support the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist responisble for Monitoring and Evaluation/Results Based Monitoring.
JUNIOR ADVISOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Junior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist is expected to support the technical advisor in the successful implementation and completion of project activities and supporting activities related to M&E. In relation to this, the Junior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist shall undertake the following tasks:
- Provide technical support towards the management of the M&E/Results-Based Monitoring system for the DS4JI project;
- Support the implementation and the management of the M&E-System of DS4JI according to GIZ standards and requirements;
- Support the monitoring of programme activities towards the achievement of indicators, including data collection for indicators, data analysis, report writing and dissemination of results;
- Ensuring partners have reported timeously and data meets GIZ data quality standards;
- Support the finalization of reports, M&E tools and presentations according to GIZ layout standard;
- Project management support to the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in terms of specific tasks required for project implementation, developing work schedules and other project management related documents including reporting schedules from providers; organising and delivery of tasks related to project implementation etc;
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in the management of appointed consultants;
- Periodic review and update of M&E tools in place;
- Assist in the liaison with the relevant stakeholders during the project and participate in relevant project steering meetings and other relevant stakeholder meetings as required;
- Plan and arrange meetings, workshops and keep record of proceedings when requested;
- Contribute to tasks concerning knowledge management for the project;
- Ensure that Routine Data Quality Assessments, including inspection, cleaning and transformation of data with the goal of highlighting useful information, drawing conclusions which inform and support project decision-making;
- Ensure that data management of the results and the achievements within the outputs is aligned to the M&E-Sytems and that the data flow from the outputs into the system is soundly performed and meets the requirements of a high standard of data management;
- Assist in building and strengthening capacities in the team and other project teams for gender-sensitive M&E and Learner Tracing.
- Conduct site visit’s to training partners.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter stating why they should be the preferred candidate and the value they will bring to the project. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating their nationality to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Junior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist” for the attention of Head of Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: 03 June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
Full job description upload below.