Project Intern: GIZ Climate Support Programme - Adaptation
Reports to: Advisor – Policy Support and Implementation (Adaptation)
Duration: Six months
The Climate Support Programme (CSP4), funded under the International Climate Initiative (IKI) which is a financing vehicle by the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV), supports the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) in climate change policy development and implementation. CSP4, which is the fourth iteration of the CSP, supports the South African (SA) government in strengthening the mainstreaming and implementation of its climate and biodiversity policies. It contributes to SA’s transition to a low-carbon economy and a climate resilient society: in line with Vision 2050 in a just manner, while also ensuring biodiversity conservation.
It builds on three pillars that are critical to contributing to long-term impact.
- Supporting the development and implementation of ambitious climate action as a means to an ambitious NDC through further policy development support.
- Enabling implementation of climate change and biodiversity actions.
- Networking and knowledge management for BMUV/IKI projects in the country (‘interface function’).
Through pillars one and two, the CSP4 supports DFFE to reduce SA’s vulnerability to the impacts of climate change, through the means of adaptation interventions and nature-based solutions, which improves the country’s climate resilience. The CSP4 is looking to appoint an intern to assist in organisational and technical aspects of GIZs work, in the area of climate change adaptation programmes.
The intern’s major work focus will be to assist in organisational and technical aspects of GIZs work, in the area of climate change adaptation programmes where the CSP works very closely with the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment.
Some of the activities may include:
- Research and documentation review.
- Providing inputs and comments on project documentation.
- Supporting project management functions.
- Preparation and organisation of meetings, including follow up with stakeholders.
- Support of CSP´s Knowledge Management, communication and public relations.
- Assist other areas of the CSP components as the need arises.
- Assist the programme with a variety of operational and administrative tasks including with the planning, preparation and documentation of events, workshops and meetings; and
- Perform other duties and tasks as will be directed by the line manager.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a one (1) page motivation letter stating why they should be the preferred candidate for this internship. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating nationality to: email@example.com, with the subject line: “Application CSP4 Adaptation Internship” for the attention of Head of Human Resource.
Closing date for applications: 08 June 2022
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed!
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
Full job description download below.