Call for Proposals 83410705
Regional Expert for Policy Harmonisation in Support to Integrated Catchment Management (ICM) in Lesotho: drafting local level legislation (by-laws) and capacity building for local government institutions
The Government of Lesotho, with support from the European Union (EU) and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), has embarked on a national programme for Integrated Catchment Management (ICM), known as ReNOKA (‘we are a river’). The sustainable management of Lesotho’s catchments are critically important for water, land, energy and food security not only in Lesotho itself but in the entire Orange-Senqu Basin. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been commissioned by the EU and BMZ to implement a technical cooperation project to support Integrated Catchment Management in Lesotho.
The programme works at national, catchments and local level where it relies on local authorities to integrate planning approaches and implement rehabilitation measures. Particularly Community Councils (CCs) need to be capacitated to deliver on their mandates by means of local level regulation.
GIZ therefore seeking to appoint a Regional Expert for Policy Harmonisation in Support to Integrated Catchment Management (ICM) in Lesotho: drafting local level legislation (by-laws) and capacity building for local government institutions.
Key tasks include:
- Supporting selected pilot Community Councils in drafting by-laws
- Develop and institutionalize the process of by-law drafting and enacting in a guideline
- Training 12 legal officers and other relevant stakeholders on by-law drafting according to their respective responsibilities
Download specifications below.
Submit documents to: ZA_Quotation@giz.de
Quote Ref in Email Subject Line: 83419705
Due date: 20 June 2022
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- 83410705 ToR Drafting of by-laws international-regional expert (pdf, 0,19 MB)
- 83410705 Invitation to Tender (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83410705 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83410705 Budget Allocation Sheet Bylaws regional expert (xls, 0,05 MB)
- 83410705 Bidding Conditions (pdf, 0,08 MB)
- 83410705 Assessment Grid below EU Threshold Regional Bylaw (pdf, 0,19 MB)
- 83410705 Annex 2 Local government transfer of functions 2015 (pdf, 2,45 MB)
- 83410705 Annex 1 WS 4 Final Report (pdf, 1,28 MB)
- 83410705 Tender Form (doc, 0,24 MB)