Procurement and Contracting Specialist
Reports to: Head of Procurement and Contracting
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state-owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
The GIZ South Africa, Lesotho and eSwatini Country Office in Pretoria is looking fill the position of “Procurement and Contracting Specialist”.
The Procurement and Contracting Specialist provides comprehensive support in:
- Dealing with all questions arising in this area;
- Organization of events, workshops and conferences;
- Procurement and processing of all international and domestic flight tickets on request;
- Further developing instruments and assisting in introducing innovation and change;
- Managing knowledge by disseminating and documenting know-how, experience and information;
- Ensuring GIZ rules, regulations and processes on events are adhered to.
- The Procurement and Contracting Specialist is responsible for the organisational and administrative support to the procurement function in accordance with the specific GIZ regulations and guidelines and coordinating effectively with colleagues in the Office and procurement officers at Head Office.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter (max.1 page) detailing why they should be the preferred candidate and the value they will bring. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating their nationality with the subject line “Procurement and Contract Specialist” for the attention of Head of Human Resources.
Internal Applicants ONLY: submit your application to: email@example.com;
External Applicants should apply by following the below link:
Closing date for applications: 24 June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
Full job description download below.