GIZ TVET and Skills Employment Cluster to commemorate 46th National Youth Day in South Africa with the NYDA
On 16 June 2022, the National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) will have a Youth Day Exhibition/Expo in Mthatha, Eastern Cape to commemorate the 46th anniversary of the acclaimed South African public holiday. This year the theme of the day is “Promoting sustainable livelihood and resilience of young people for a better tomorrow”. The TVET Skills and Employment Cluster through the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH support to the Presidential Youth Employment Intervention (S2PYEI) programme, will support the Youth Day initiative working with NYDA.
The TVET and Skills Employment Cluster will provide capacity-building for the initiative, mobilising youth participation and exposure to digital skills training, access to employment, and entrepreneurship opportunities. Furthermore, the Cluster will be accompanied by a group of young people from the Yes4Youth programme who will advocate for the work and the support received from GIZ Skills and Employment Cluster.
Youth unemployment is and remains a major concern, the collaboration of GIZ S2PYEI together with NYDA becomes paramount to curb the narrative around youth unemployment and promote skills initiatives. This year’s call to action will be for young people to forge resilience and pursue opportunities for a sustainable livelihood, today and in the future.
See the factsheet downloads below and find out more about the TVET Skills and Employment Cluster:
- Career Path Development for Employment (CPD4E) (pdf, 0,74 MB)
- South Africa: Skills Development for a Green Economy II (SD4GE II) (pdf, 0,38 MB)
- Cultural and Creative Industries (CCI) Factsheet 2022 (PDF, 0,38 MB)
- Digital Skills for Jobs and Income in South Africa (DS4JI) Factsheet 2022 (pdf, 0,50 MB)
- Support to the Presidential Youth Employment Intervention (S2PYEI) 2022 Factsheet (pdf, 1,49 MB)