Call for Proposals 83412493
TVET lecture development for Digital Skills for Jobs and Income tender
The GIZ’s Digital Skills for Jobs and Income (DS4JI) aims to increase the employment prospects of young people, especially women, in an increasingly digitalized South African economy. The project supports the improvement of employability of young people through a comprehensive approach that supports public training providers like TVET Colleges, private training providers and initiatives in training design and delivery as well as SME’s to improve hiring practices and stakeholder engagement. The project is supported by DS4JI’s political partner Department of Communications and Digital Technologies (DCDT).
The TVET support output of the project aims to ensure access to qualitatively improved and demand-oriented training. Although TVET Colleges will have different areas of focus, the digital proficiency development of lecturers will ensure that the institution has a skilled digital workforce with the ability to respond to the fast-paced changes and the proliferation of new technologies.
DS4JI seeks the services of a highly skilled and competent service provider with extensive knowledge and understanding of the TVET Sector and experience in the development and implementation of curricula and training lecturers in the public and/or private sector, especially at higher education institutions to develop and implement Lecturer Development Programmes at South African TVET colleges.
Companies with a history and a proven track record are encouraged to apply to provide basic and further training to enhance the digital proficiency of lecturers by offering the following services:
- Development and implementation of a training concept to provide at least 1500 TVET trainers (Including 200 Champions) with basic digital literacy training and basic training for e-teaching and didactical competencies
- Basic e-teaching/didactical competencies: Develop and/or Implement two cross-occupational methods for teaching digital skills (e.g. e-learning, blended learning) and integrate at selected TVET colleges. Training (including assessment and certification) in this area should include (but is not limited to) the following modules
GIZ invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in South Africa to participate in this tender. Tender documents are available for downloading below.
Your proposal must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 12 August 2022.
Please quote reference 83412493 when submitting the documentation.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- 83412493 Questions and Answers (pdf, 0,05 MB)
- 83412493 Terms of reference ToRs_DS4JI TVET (pdf, 0,23 MB)
- 83412493 Technical Assessment Grid_final (pdf, 0,19 MB)
- 83412493 Invitation to tender (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83412493 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83412493 Compulsory Tender Form (doc, 0,25 MB)
- 83412493 Budget Allocation (xls, 0,04 MB)
- 83412493 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,09 MB)