S2PYEI Junior Employment Promotion Advisor
Reports to: Cluster Coordinator: TVET, SD and Employment Promotion
Duration: 01 October 2022 to 31 March 2024
ROLE / OVERVIEW
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH implements the project “Support to the Presidential Youth Employment Intervention (S2PYEI)”. The project supports the Project Management Office (PMO) at the Presidency of the Republic of South Africa in the coordination and implementation of the PYEI.
In doing so, the programme works along two main strains of activity:
- Supporting the PMO in coordinating the PYEI and developing its governance structures and
- Strengthening the capacities of potential PYEI implementing organisations.
The purpose of this position is to support the second of these fields of activity.
The Junior Employment Promotion Advisor is responsible for:
- Support with designing and implementing measures to enhance the capacity of organisations to contribute to the implementation of the PYEI
- Support the technical lead of the component in the establishment of structures within the PYEI for its successful implementation
- Support the commission management process, including project planning, reporting, communication, and M&E
Key tasks of the Junior Employment Promotion Advisor include:
- Supporting with advising partners on topics around employment promotion
- Conducting studies, surveys and research on topics related to the PYEI and employment promotion strategies
- Drafting briefings, presentations, reports, concept notes and terms of reference
- Supporting the management of contracts and contributions of service providers and implementation partners in line with GIZ’s rules and regulations
- Identifying and capitalising on synergies with other German development cooperation projects or projects of other development actors
- Establishing and maintaining flow of information within the team as well as with other GIZ teams and partners outside the organisation
- Contributing to the operation planning of the project
- Contributing to the monitoring and evaluation of project activities, as well as sharing expertise and lessons learned within and outside of GIZ
- Contributing to the project’s annual progress reporting towards the commissioning party as well as other reports as required
- Contributing to the development and implementation of a communication strategy for the project.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter and a detailed CV indicating their nationality and indicating their knowledge, skills and experience relevant to the position. The email must be sent with the subject line “Application for Junior Employment Promotion Advisor” for the attention of Head of Human Resource (HR).
Submit your application to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 31 August 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
Full job description below.