Temporary Procurement and Contracting Assistant
Reports to: Head of Procurement and Contracting
Duration: Six (6) Months
HIRING BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German international organisation that advances sustainable development. The country office for GIZ South Africa, Lesotho, and Eswatini is based in Pretoria, Hatfield. We offer regional procurement experience in a global organisation, supporting the work of our technical projects, partners, and beneficiaries.
Our sustainable procurement organisation is constantly growing. We seek a temporary procurement specialist that will support our team in its operational and administrative tasks. Result and outcomes driven Procurement practitioners passionate about organisational transformation, sustainability, and digitalisation are strongly encouraged to apply for the position “Temporary Procurement and Contracting Assistant”. Diverse applicants from all walks of life are welcomed to apply for the role.
The Temporary Procurement and Contracting Assistant reports directly to the Head of Procurement and Contracting and is responsible for:
- Preparing the assessment report on the status of administration for the Unit, as well as proposals on the improvements to be made.
- Providing administrative support to the relevant procurement categories: Services, Goods, Logistics, and Administration.
- Supporting the coordinating of the office presence schedule and proposes improvements.
- Scheduling meetings, with clear and documented inputs and outputs such as pre-reading, agendas, and minutes.
- Generating a logical and sustainable filing system for the Procurement, Human Resources (HR), Risk and Management (R&M) and Portfolio Management Units - manual and digital – for audit and archiving completeness and accuracy.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter (max. 1 page) stating why they should be the preferred candidate. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating nationality to: firstname.lastname@example.org , with the email subject line “Application for Temporary Procurement and Contracting Assistant” for the attention of Head of Human Resource
Alternatively you can apply by following this link: https://giz.simplify.hr/vacancy/6vhzv7
Closing date for applications: 09 September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
Full job description download below.