Jnr Digital Skills Development/Digital Recruiting with SA Companies Advisor
Reports to: Programme Component Manager: Digital Skills for Jobs and Income (DS4JI)
Duration: Until 31 March 2024
The Digital Skills for Jobs and Income Project (DS4JI) supports the improvement of employment prospects of young people, in particular young women, in an increasingly digitalised economy. The project is based on a combination of vocational education, skills development and employment promotion. It supports:
- the access to a qualitatively improved and demand-oriented vocational education at selected TVET-Colleges, by integrating digital skills and methods into the training courses of the formal vocational education and training system (Output 1).
- the access to demand-oriented skills development through supporting selected innovative, non-formal training measures (Output 2).
- the improvement of recruitment policies of companies by supporting HR specialists in the introduction and implementation of new, gender-sensitive approaches to identify applicants with the company's digital skills in demand (Output 3).
- intensified networking and cooperation of initiatives and actors and the exchange of learning experiences in the transformative process of digitalisation of the South African economy (Output 4).
The project is partly funded by the G20 #eSkills4Girls Initiative that aims at tackling the existing gender digital divide. Therefore, to a large extend the projects beneficiaries will be young women and girls with the aim to improve their access to the digital world.
On the German side the DS4JI is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The project is part of the newly established Vocational Education and Skills Development Cluster.
The Junior Advisor is responsible for:
- Assisting the Project team Leads in achieving the projects objectives and tasks across all outputs, including Monitoring and Evaluation
- Supporting the project team with internal processing of contracts, collecting and collating information by engaging with project members and service providers
- Files and maintain information and data (electronic and printed) relevant for the project
- Supports in the coordination and preparation of activities as and when required by the project team leads
- Creates and maintain presentations and communication material across all outputs.
Suitable candidates should apply for this position by submitting a motivation letter (max. 1 page) detailing why they should be the preferred candidate. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating their nationality to: email@example.com for the attention of Head of HR with the Subject Line: “Application for DS4JI Jnr Advisor Role”.
Closing date for Application: 23 September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed!
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!