CALL FOR PROPOSALS 83418925
Appointment of a service provider to organise and moderate Round Tables on Market Shaping for vaccines made in South Africa for the Project "Vaccines for Africa: Roll-out and Production in South Africa (SAVax)".
Brief background: The project “Vaccines for Africa: Distribution and production in South Africa” (SAVax), implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), supports the local production of vaccines in South Africa. The COVID-19 pandemic made the problems of access to vaccines by African countries more visible than ever before. Africa is a net importer, as only 1% of the various vaccines required are manufactured in the continent. Various African countries, with South Africa in the lead, have pushed for local manufacturing to overcome problems of access to vaccines and other health technologies (i.e., diagnostics or medicines). Local production can only be achieved in a sustainable way by ensuring the business case for African vaccines; the demand for African products has to be present and reliable.
Call for proposal: SAVax wants to support South African stakeholders in ensuring demand for locally manufactured vaccines by initiating discussions and identifying opportunities, bottlenecks and action needed by the public and private sectors at national, regional and continental level. GIZ wishes to appoint a service provider to organise and moderate a series of round tables on this topic.
Upon selection, the service provider will:
1) propose a concept for the round tables (participants, guiding questions);
2) organise and moderate the round tables and
3) document the results for publishing.
GIZ invites eligible and professional appraiser/ individual consultant with local presence in South Africa to participate in this tender. The tender documents are available for downloading below.
Your proposal must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 26 September 2022.
Please quote reference 83418925 when submitting the documentation for us not to miss your submission.
Late submissions will not be accepted
- 83418925 ToR consultant Round Tables Market Shape (pdf, 0,22 MB)
- 83418925 Invitation to Tender (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83418925 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83418925 Compulsory Tender Form (doc, 0,24 MB)
- 83418925 Budget Allocation (xls, 0,04 MB)
- 83418925 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,09 MB)
- 83418925 Bewertungsschema Market shaping (pdf, 0,13 MB)