Call for Proposals 83417967
Consultancy Services: Conceptualisation, organisation and implementation of events and event series in the innovation ecosystems of the Southern African region
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is implementing the 'Make-IT in Africa II' project on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) on a pan-African basis with a focus on Ghana and Rwanda. It is part of the BMZ initiative "Digital Africa". "Make-IT in Africa II" is a funding programme (01/2021-04/2024) that follows on from its predecessor project "Make-IT in Africa", which was implemented from 2017 to 2020. The focus of the project is to support national and pan-African digital innovation creation ecosystems to become resilient and future-proof.
Specifically, "Make-IT in Africa" works on this in three fields of action:
- Competence development in the area of market-oriented business management - through capacity building of startups, gender-specific "human capacity development" measures, and the establishment of partnerships between startups and key ecosystem actors.
- Capacity development at the intermediary level -. through capacity building of intermediaries and conducting networking events between African and European startup and innovation actors.
- Harmonising the promotion of innovation ecosystems -. by organising targeted policy dialogues and networking events, evaluating the gender sensitivity of collaborative partners, and publishing a toolkit of tools and methodologies.
See also www.make-it.africa
The scope of this assignment, more specifically, includes the following:
The overall objective of the assignment is to holistically conceptualise, organise and execute various events and event series together with Make-IT in Africa in order to strengthen local and regional innovation ecosystems and promote exchange between relevant stakeholders.
Tasks to be performed:
- Service Package 1: Conceptualisation of events and event series
- Service package 2: Preparation of events
- Service package 3: Participant management and speaker support
- Service package 4: Public relations for events
- Service package 5: Implementation of events
Details of all required services are stipulated in the Terms of Reference and related documents, which can be requested via the email address below.
This tender is restricted to local companies.
GIZ invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in South Africa to participate in this tender. The tender documents are available for downloading below.
Your proposal must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 03 October 2022.
Please quote reference 83417967 when submitting the documentation for us not to miss your submission.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- 83417967 TOR_Events_Southern African region (pdf, 0,27 MB)
- 83417967 Technical assessment grid (pdf, 0,21 MB)
- 83417967 Invitation to tender (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83417967 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83417967 Eligibility Grid (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83417967 Budget Breakdown MakeIT South Events (xlsx, 0,02 MB)
- 83417967 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,08 MB)
- 83417967 Tender Form (doc, 0,25 MB)