Call for Proposals 83417841
The GIZ’s Digital Skills for Jobs and Income (DS4JI) aims to increase the employment prospects of young people, especially women, in an increasingly digitalized South African economy. The project supports the improvement of employability of young people through a comprehensive approach that supports public training providers like TVET Colleges, private training providers and initiatives in training design and delivery as well as SME’s to improve hiring practices and stakeholder engagement. The project is supported by DS4JI’s political partner Department of Communications and Digital Technologies (DCDT).
The TVET support output of the project aims to ensure access to qualitatively improved and demand-oriented training. Although TVET Colleges will have different areas of focus, the digital proficiency development of TVET students will ensure that the availability of skilled digital workforce for industry with the ability to respond to the fast-paced changes and the proliferation of new technologies.
DS4JI seeks the services of a highly skilled and competent service provider with extensive knowledge and understanding of the TVET Sector and experience in the development and implementation of curricula and training TVET students in the public and/or private sector, especially at higher education institutions to develop and implement Digital Skills Training Programmes for TVET students at selected South African TVET colleges.
Companies with a history and a proven track record are encouraged to apply to provide basic and intermediate digital skills training to enhance the digital proficiency of TVET students by offering the following services:
- Development, implementation, and integration of basic and intermediate digital skills enhancement training in at least three (3) selected TVET courses or qualifications for 1500 TVET students.
- Digital Training (including assessment and certification) in this area should include (but is not limited to) the following modules and learning outcomes:
- Basic computing/computer/laptop hardware:
- Basic word processing
- Basic presentations
- Basic spreadsheet
- Basic databases
- Basic IT and data security
- Online IT Skills
- Workplace Productivity
- Digital Technologies
- Social Media
- Improve future soft skills such as problem solving, critical thinking and time management.
- Improve work readiness and job seeking skills through effective communication, conflict resolution and teamwork.
GIZ invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in South Africa to participate in this tender.
Download specifications below
Submit documents to: ZA_Quotation@giz.de
Quote Ref in Email Subject Line: 83417841
Due date: 10 October 2022
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- 83417841 Eligibility Assessment Grid (pdf, 0,06 MB)
- 83417841 Tender Form (doc, 0,25 MB)
- 83417841 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83417841 DS4JI Digital Skills for TVET Students (pdf, 0,24 MB)
- 83417841 DS4JI Digital Skills for TVET Students - Technical Assessment Grid (pdf, 0,06 MB)
- 83417841 Budget Template (xls, 0,05 MB)
- 83417841 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,09 MB)
- 83417841 Invitation to Tender (pdf, 0,17 MB)