Call for Proposals 83422802
Appointment of a service provider to undertake Studies for the Support of the "Vaccines for Africa: Roll-out and Production in South Africa (SAVax)" project
Brief background: The Vaccines for Africa: Distribution and production in South Africa (SAVax), implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), supports the Department of Science and Innovation of the Republic of South Africa (DSI) in the planning and implementation of efforts to improve the populations access to quality vaccines. Through the SAVax programme, support will be provided for the advancement of technologies, human capital development and strengthening of regulatory systems for local production of quality vaccines in full alignment with the priorities of the Department of Science and Innovation.
Call for proposal: SAVax, in cooperation with the DSI, wishes to appoint a service provider to avail information and analysis to the different aspects of the SAVax project. This study is complementary to the capability audit conducted by DSI. The information will be used to develop plans for specifically supporting educational and training programs for the vaccine and vaccine-related industry, support industrial research projects, and support for market development for South African industries including possibly providing grants to small and medium enterprises in the value chain.
Upon selection, the service provider will:
- Undertake an assessment of the technologies, products, and industrial capacities along the value chain of vaccine-related products in South Africa, and;
- Undertake a gap analysis and projection of training needs in vaccine production as well as the vaccine-related product industry.
GIZ invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in South Africa to participate in this tender. Tender documents are available for downloading below.
Your proposal must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 31 October 2022.
Please quote reference 83422802 when submitting the documentation.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- 83422802 ToR Final consultant study 1 and 2 (pdf, 0,18 MB)
- 83422802 Tender Form (doc, 0,25 MB)
- 83422802 Invitation to tender (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83422802 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83422802 Evaluation Grid (pdf, 0,19 MB)
- 83422802 Eligibility Evaluation Grid (pdf, 0,06 MB)
- 83422802 Budget allocation_SAVax (xls, 0,05 MB)
- 83422802 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,09 MB)