Call for Proposals 83422277
PR and Social Media Support to the GIZ - H2.SA Programme
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ has been working in South Africa since 1995. One core area of cooperation is climate and energy.
South Africa has everything necessary to position itself internationally as a producer of green hydrogen (from renewable energies) and derived products, including exceptional potential for wind and solar energy as well as large usable areas. Furthermore, the country has production facilities for synthetic fuels, which for now are still running on coal, as well as the world’s largest deposit of platinum, which is also a component required in the construction of electrolysers and fuel cells. In addition to the possibility for export, there is also considerable potential in its domestic (largely coal-based) industry to reduce carbon dioxide through the use of hydrogen. For workers in the coal industry, the hydrogen economy could mean alternative employment options.
Since 2021, GIZ is implementing the project “Promoting a South African Green Hydrogen Economy” (H2.SA), on behalf of The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
For the success of the project, communication and social media campaigns are essential to inform relevant target groups and to create a positive investment climate and public perception in order to promote the expansion of renewable energy, the use of green hydrogen as building blocks of a just energy transition in South Africa. Therefore, GIZ seeks support from a marketing, PR or communication agency for the development and execution of a PR and social media campaign including but not limited to strategy development, conceptual design & planning, content development and management (e.g., press releases, website, blog, social media footage, videos, photos, graphic elements, etc.) and monitoring and evaluation.
GIZ invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in South Africa to participate in this tender. Tender documents are available for downloading below.
Your proposal must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 21 November 2022.
Please quote reference 83422277 when submitting the documentation.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Annex 1_H2.SA Factsheet (SA Factsheet, 1,36 MB)
- 83422277 ToR_H2.SA PR and Social Media Support (SA PR and Social Media Support, 0,25 MB)
- 83422277 Tender Form (doc, 0,25 MB)
- 83422277 Invitation to tender (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83422277 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83422277 Eligibility Assessment Grid_H2.SA PR and Social Media Support (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83422277 Budget Allocation_H2.SA PR and Social Media Support (SA PR and Social Media Support, 0,04 MB)
- 83422277 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,09 MB)
- 83422277 Assessment Grid_H2.SA PR and Social Media Support (SA PR and Social Media Support, 0,21 MB)