Call for Proposals 83423663
Provision of Renewable Energy Supply Systems for Six Regional Hub Offices in Lesotho for ‘Support to Integrated Catchment Management in Lesotho’
The Government of Lesotho, with support of international partners, has embarked on an ambitious national programme for Integrated Catchment Management (ICM). The European Union (EU) and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has commissioned the Deutsche Gesellschaft für International Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) to support the Government of Lesotho in the “Support to integrated catchment management in Lesotho” project. The project aims to support implementation of ICM to rehabilitate degraded watersheds across the country and halt further degradation of Lesotho’s catchment areas. The project is establishing six regional offices in strategically selected locations to support decentralized catchment management in Lesotho.
GIZ is seeks to procure the services of an experienced and reliable Renewable Energy Supplier/Company to implement the installation of off-grid and grid-tied hybrid systems with battery back-up systems at the regional offices.
Tasks to be performed by the contractor
The contractor is responsible for providing the following services:
- Design, supply and install Renewable Energy Supply Systems for 6 Regional offices as detailed in the annexed Bill of Quantities.
- Assess and determine best combination of Renewable Energy Supply Systems depending on the different conditions in the selected areas. This will require assessments of energy requirements, solar energy potential and wind power generation potential for each of the locations.
- Supply all materials needed for the provision of energy requirements including security lights around the compounds.
- Electrical installations for the renewable energy supply systems in the new and refurbished buildings.
GIZ invites eligible and professional contractors in Lesotho/ South Africa to participate in this tender.
Download specifications below
Submit documents to: ZA_Quotation@giz.de
Quote Ref in Email Subject Line: 83423663
Due date: 18 November 2022
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- 83423663 Specification of Works Renewable Energy (pdf, 0,18 MB)
- 83423663 tender-conditions-for-contractors-en (pdf, 0,10 MB)
- 83423663 Eligibility grid for local construction-en (pdf, 0,06 MB)
- 83423663 BoQ Reg. Hubs Power Supply Phase 2 BoQ ( Hubs Power Supply Phase 2 BoQ, 0,09 MB)
- 83423663 A12-questionare-for-architects-engineers-and-contractorsen-en (docx, 0,05 MB)
- 83423431 ToR Lesotho Security Services (pdf, 0,14 MB)