Junior Technical Advisor - CSP IV
Reports to: Head of Component
Duration: Until 31 December 2024 (with possibility of extension)
Germany provides a visible and impactful contribution to support the South African Government in reaching its goals to tackle the challenge of climate change. The Climate Support Programme (CSP) funded under the International Climate Initiative (IKI), a financing vehicle by the German Ministry for Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) supports the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, (DFFE) in developing and implementing climate change policy. Areas of technical and financial support include the topics of adaptation to the adverse effects of climate change, mitigation of greenhouse gases, monitoring and evaluation, Climate Changes Response Support Programmes (Implementation of Climate Action) as well as Climate Policy and Governance.
The advertised position is oriented at the phase IV of the Climate Support Programme until 31 December 2024. The focus of the position will lie within Output 2 of the Programme with a focus on implementation of climate change adaptation and biodiversity policies and other initiatives, with some focus on mitigation and strengthening responses to these initiatives.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Junior Technical Advisor is expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Support the component head in implementing and managing the deliverables as set out in Output 2.
- Support in project management of consulting projects and other tasks required for project implementation, including research, general support, and technical contributions.
- Prepare terms of reference for consultants, manage procurement, ensure management and technical oversight of consultants appointed and quality assurance of deliverables submitted.
- Plan and arrange meetings, workshops and keep record of proceedings.
- Assist in ensuring continuous inputs and reporting on the evaluation and monitoring systems developed within the cluster.
- Support the Climate Cluster Management Team through conducting research for Portfolio Development and acquisition processes.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter (max. 1 page) detailing stating why they should be the preferred candidate. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating their nationality to email@example.com with the subject line “Junior Technical Advisor” for the attention of Head of Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: 21 November 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!