Administrative Assistant - MAUS Cluster
Reports to: Programme Manager
Duration: 01 June 2023 until 31 December 2024
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für International Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and many public and private sector clients in achieving their objectives in international cooperation in around 120 countries.
Since 2004, GIZ has been a reliable and trusted partner of the African Union (AU) to enhance inclusive growth and sustainable development on the African continent in line with the AU’s Agenda 2063: The Africa We Want. With more than 200 staff, the GIZ Liaison Office to the African Union cooperates with the AU Commission, as well as the AU’s specialized institutions and agencies, such as the Development Agency AUDA-NEPAD, at continental, regional and national level in more than 35 AU Member States. Key areas of engagement include Peacebuilding and Conflict Prevention, Governance and Migration, Sustainable Economic Growth and Employment, as well as Health and Social Development. GIZ supports the African Union Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD) and the African Union Commission (AUC) with several projects based in South Africa, amongst them Skills Initiative for Africa (SIFA), Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA) and the African-European Energy Programme (AEEP).
As from May 2022, the AU Cluster bundled its Administrative Services to incorporate the HIV/AIDS (MHIVP) and Vaccines for Africa: Roll-out and Production in South Africa (SAVax) Programmes (MAUS). The Vision of the MAUS Bundle is to be an Innovative hub for administration and finance where knowledge is pooled, tested and shared as best practice cases for a bundled approach of Administrative and Financial Processes. We are a cohesive team providing excellent, precise financial and administrative services in a seamless and innovative way to support regional and bilateral GIZ Projects within the bundle to contribute towards visible results and accountability to clients and partners.
The Admin Assistant will be based in Hatfield, Pretoria and is responsible for:
- Travel logistics management
- Inventory management and the labelling of the items,
- Liaising with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf of the GIZ programmes within the MAUS Cluster by personally welcoming visitors and maintaining a high standard in the reception area;
- Providing administrative services such as meeting organization and others for the programmes on request;
- Meeting the administrative needs of the office independently, with a minimum of intervention;
- Ensuring that administrative and financial regulations are complied with;
- Maintaining of a good flow of communication and information between all involved parties.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting:
- A motivation/ cover letter (max. 1 page) detailing why they should be the preferred candidate and the value they will bring to the work of HIV/AIDS (MHIVP) and Vaccines for Africa: Roll-out and Production in South Africa (SAVax) Programmes (MAUS) Cluster.
- A detailed CV indicating their nationality.
Applications should be submitted to: email@example.com with subject line
“Application for Administrative Assistant (MAUS)” for the attention of Head of Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: 14 April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!