CPD4E: Demand Driven Skills Development (Output 3) Senior Technical Advisor
Reports to: Component Manager
Duration: Until 31 May 2025
The Career Path Development for Employment (CPD4E) project aims to improve the employment prospects of young people in South Africa in a sustainable, increasingly decarbonised economy. The project will apply an integrated employment promotion approach to support young people to gain access to employment and income generation opportunities in sectors relevant for a just transition towards a green economy.
The project’s core areas are guided by this integrated approach:
- Framework conditions: Strengthening of the systemic ability to react and innovate in order to develop/improve employment potential of just transition and to promote just transition in the vocational training system. For this purpose, e.g., innovative funding approaches like impact-based financing and cooperation models can be identified or developed, implemented and scaled and the necessary capacities in the state, economy and civil society can be further developed (Output 1).
- Demand side: Support for employment-oriented companies in the context of just transition to strengthen their competitiveness, open up growth prospects and increase their demand for qualified workers. Possible support programmes might include cooperation models between larger companies and MSMEs (e.g. the organisation of subcontracting), the integration of MSMEs into networks along renewable energy value chains or the further development and stabilisation of IRM approaches to unlock job creation. (Output 2).
- Supply side: Further development of demand-oriented vocational education and training that is responsive to the just transition skills requirements, so that the employability of graduates is consistent with labour market demand (Output 3).
- Matching: Promotion of self-employment interventions and active labour market policy instruments, especially for girls and young women specifically related to emerging employment opportunities in sustainable and low-carbon footprint sectors of the economy (Output 4).
Across all outputs, the project will place great value on addressing gender-specific disadvantages for girls and young women and bring this to bear in the gender-sensitive design of activities and by ensuring that a large number of girls and women take part in the activities.
On the German side the CPD4E is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) co-financed by the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO). The project is part of the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET), Skills Development and Employment Cluster.
The CPD4E team requires the expertise of a dynamic, independent working team player who enjoys designing and co-creating new interventions, who is interested in forming sustainable project and partner structures, and who at the same time has experience in setting up contracts and tenders and engages in administrative tasks.
- Responsible for the joint development, planning and the implementation of Output 3, of the CPD4E project and the performance of the underlying processes.
- Establish and strengthen channels of collaboration and communication by building effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders, including experts and policymakers.
- Initiate, develop, support and manage the implementation of the CPD4E cooperation in regards to the respective outputs with different stakeholders, implementation partners and the private sector to support skills development and employment.
- Design, plan and steer the implementation of output measures and activities like trainings for the different target groups. Contributes to the technical design of measures / terms of reference and activities and ensures the quality of implementation also by external resources / service providers contracted by performance contracts or financing agreements
- Responsible for the achievement of the target indicators of Output 3, and monitoring and reporting of the achievement and knowledge management accordingly and in time with the reporting cycles.
- Contributes to the financial planning and reporting and adjustment if necessary, according to GIZ-standards and rules and regulations in cooperation with the Project Manager and the Finance and Administration Officer.
- Represents the CPD4E project in targeted, relevant platforms, meetings and events nationally and internationally.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter (concisely 1 page) detailing stating why they should be the preferred candidate. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating their nationality to email@example.com with the subject “CPD4E - Output 3 STA Application” for the attention of Head of Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: 23 December 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed!
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!