Technical Advisor - Article 6 Capacity Building Project
Reports to: Head of Component (CSP IV)
Duration: Until 31 December 2024 (With Possibility for Extension)
The Article 6 Capacity Building project is a component of the NDC Assist II global project commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development BMZ. The component aims to support national authorities in taking informed decisions on the implementation of Article 6 activities in their countries, contributing both to NDC achievement and SDG financing. For that aim, the component supports relevant actors in selected countries to build strategic guidance, processes, procedures or practical examples for the implementation of cooperation mechanisms under Article 6 of the Paris Agreement. The processes and procedures include, among others, sectoral potential analysis, authorization procedures, governance structures, policy guidelines and monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) frameworks including registries for Article 6 mitigation activities. The above support will lead to an increased readiness of host countries to use Article 6 of the Paris Agreement to achieve targets in line with their NDCs and SDGs. In addition, the component will work with regional and global platforms (e.g., the NDC Partnership) to promote knowledge sharing on lessons learned from the use of Article 6 frameworks in partner countries.
- Coordinate all project activities under guidance of and in consultation with the project
- management (both in South Africa and Germany), component head in South Africa and in line with the objectives of the project concept and the agreements of the team in Germany.
- Provide technical advice to project partners (public, private, NGOs, academia) on climate change mitigation in general but specifically on cooperation mechanisms under Article 6 of the Paris Agreement.
- Provide strategic level guidance (based on international and/or GIZ experience) towards implementation of the Article 6 Capacity Building project including development of planning documents.
- Contribute to development and dissemination of knowledge products to a broad target group.
- Create and strengthen spaces for dialogue, exchange and capacity building.
- Maintain good communication and a permanent flow of information between all partners, participating institutions and GIZ.
- Provide logistical support towards the delivery of the Art.6 Capacity Building activities.
- Promote gender responsive approaches in the activities to be developed.
- Perform any other tasks as agreed to by the responsible line manager and project lead.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting:
A motivation letter (max. 1 page1) detailing why they should be the preferred candidate and the value they will bring to the work of Article 6 Capacity Building project
A detailed CV indicating their nationality.
Applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Application for Technical Advisor: Article 6 Capacity Building Project” for the attention of Head of Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: 10 March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!