Financial Specialist (Part-Time = 60%)
Reports to: Senior Finance Manager
Duration: Until 30 November 2023 (With Possibility for Extension)
The GIZ “Cooperation for the Enhancement of SADC Regional Economic Integration” (CESARE) programme has been commissioned by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), and is a cooperation programme with the Southern African Development Community (SADC), represented by the SADC Secretariat. It builds on a longer history of previous projects working in similar thematic areas and the overall objective of the programme is “SADC member states have improved the preconditions for trade in the area of goods and services in line with the SADC industrialization agenda”. Part of this programme is implemented in Lesotho with the support from the European Commission.
The Finance Specialist who is a member of the bundled finance and admin team will support the implementation of the measures under CESARE programme: The Regional Value Chain project, their respective prior projects, future planned projects and co-financing contracts, as well as the other GIZ projects in Lesotho.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The Finance Specialist is overall responsible for:
- Providing financial administration services and meet the needs of the projects independently, with minimum intervention.
- Ensuring that the financial rules and regulations of GIZ and commissioning parties are adhered to.
- Ensure a sound financial control environment in line with the fundamental principles required to safeguard integrity of all GIZ finance processes and report any financial or compliance concerns without delay.
- Maintain regular communication with country and project offices involved in project implementation as well as with HQ.
- Updating and disseminating new rules and guidelines from Head office, relating to financial and administrative procedures and aligning local Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs).
- Guide and provide practical support to technical colleagues on financial matters.
- Ensure complete and safe recordkeeping of vouchers and financial documents.
Suitable candidates should apply for this position by submitting:
A motivation letter (concisely 1 page) stating why they should be the preferred candidate and the value they will bring to the work of CESARE project.
A detailed CV indicating their nationality
Applications should be submitted to: email@example.com with subject line
“Application for Financial Specialist - CESARE” for the attention of the Head of Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: 03 March 2023.
Only Permanent Residence holders and/ or Lesotho Citizens will be considered.
Interviews will be held in Maseru, Lesotho
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!